Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Associate Degree in Spatial Science (ADSS)
The Associate Degree in Spatial Science program provides students with the theory, methods and practices required by an associate to support a practising professional spatial scientist. To this end the program provides students with a general understanding of the broad practice and knowledge in the spatial science profession and the technical skills to work in one of two fields: Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or Surveying.
A student who successfully completes the Associate Degree in Spatial Science will be able to demonstrate:
- a broad knowledge of the basic scientific and technical skills required to function at an associate level
- an effective level of computer literacy
- appropriate written and oral communication skills
- the ability to propose solutions for technical problems in accordance with established procedures and practices
- an understanding of, and the ability to undertake, some of the processes required to collect, store, and manipulate a variety of spatial data
- a capacity to adapt to change and to master new techniques
- a basic understanding of the natural, social, professional, industrial and technical environments in which they will work
- the skills required to access information and an aptitude to undertake further learning and study
- a knowledge of surveying or spatial information systems of sufficient depth to gain employment in a technical support role in the spatial science industry.
- Geographic Information Systems
Applicants shall normally:
- have studied four semester units and achieved an exit assessment of 'Sound Achievement' or better in the Queensland Senior Secondary School subject: English. It is recommended that applicants should alsohave satisfactorily completed the subject: Mathematics B (Mathematics A is assumed)
- be able to demonstrate that they have achieved an equivalent standard in these subjects at another institution
- Australian applicants: have achieved a Queensland Overall Position (OP) band, or an equivalent Rank based on qualifications and previous work experience, at or above the specified cut-off level
- International applicants: must have met the University's English language requirements or have completed the University's ELICOS/UNIPREP program.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
University of Southern Queensland
Whatever you want to study, full time or part time, online or on-campus, the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is making it easier than ever for study to fit your life. With more than 75 per cent of students studying...
Location & accommodation
Where are we located? USQ Toowoomba provides the complete on-campus experience and a perfect sanctuary for study. It features the benefits of a city environment, including residential college accommodation, in a relaxed country atmosphere. As Australia's largest inland city, Toowoomba also offers plenty to do when you close the books for the day, and is just two hours' drive from Brisbane CBD. USQ...