Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The PhD (Doctor of Philosophy), also referred to as a doctorate, implies that the holder is in command of his/her field of study.
As a PhD student you will be expected to pursue supervised research, culminating in a doctoral dissertation which constitutes the examinable product for which the PhD degree is eventually awarded. This dissertation must:
- Represent an original and significant contribution to the enrichment and advancement of knowledge in the chosen area
- Demonstrate originality of thought, a theoretical underpinning, relevance to the discipline and rigor in execution
- Create intellectual capital, which is the cornerstone of the knowledge society of the 21st century.
For the University of Stellenbosch Business School's PhD only applicants of exceptional standing and ability, and with existing professional or relevant business or public management work experience, will be considered. The two main academic requirements for admission to the PhD degree are:
- A relevant master’s degree in an appropriate managementrelated area. The major part of the master’s degree (weight within degree) must consist of a written thesis.
- A minimum period of registration (residency) of two years.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Upon completion of the PhD the registrant will be awarded the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Management and Administration by the University ofStellenbosch . The promoter completes the graduation ceremony information form.
University of Stellenbosch Business School
The University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) has established itself as one of the top providers of MBA degrees, other Master’s degrees, PhD degrees and executive education in South Africa. The USB has also earned recognition among international schools of...
Location & accommodation
Cape Town, South Africa
The University of Stellenbosch Business School is located at a satellite campus of the University of Stellenbosch in the Western Cape province of South Africa. The USB is adjacent to the new Tyger Waterfront business district in Belleville, 25 kilometers from the center of Cape Town and 35 kilometers from the main campus in the historic town of Stellenbosch. The Belleville Park Campus is conveniently...