Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The international foundation year is a two-semester course designed to thoroughly prepare you for an undergraduate degree at the University of Sussex.
Encompassing academic subjects, study skills, and English language training, the program will give you the confidence and skills to excel from the first year of your chosen degree.
Choose from one of the following subject routes:
- Business, Management and Economics
- Engineering and Mathematics
- Law, International Relations and Sociology
- Life Sciences and Psychology
- Media and Communications
The course is modular in structure. You'll study a combination of core and subject-specific modules, designed to focus on your studies and the academic areas most useful for your degree.
You’ll be regularly assessed throughout the course to make sure you meet the standard required to progress to your chosen degree. As part of your overall assessment you’ll participate in seminar discussions, group projects, presentations and essays.
Once you successfully complete the course and achieve the required grades, you can enter the first year of your chosen undergraduate degree at the University of Sussex.
- Minimum age: 17 years
- English Language: IELTS 5.0 overall
- Academic Qualifications: Good high School grades or equivalent.
Tuition for the academic year is:
- £14.500 - business, management, economics, computing, law, international relations, sociology, media, communications
- £15.435 - engineering, mathematics, life science, psychology
The University of Sussex is a leading teaching and research institution, as reflected in the 2001 national Research Assessment Exercise. All subjects at Sussex were rated as either grade 4 or 5, recognizing research of national and international standards respectively. Over 90%...