Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine - University of Sydney
Through this brand-new, internationally accredited doctorate program, students graduate as a registered veterinary practitioner, equipped with the skills to work in managing animal health and disease both in Australia and around the world. Ranked first in Australia and 9th in the world for veterinary science in the 2016 QS World University Rankings, The University of Sydney will provide students with a comprehensive education, offering clinical exposure, clinical skills and training and animal handling, culminating in a work experience placement in veterinary clinics in a wide range of locations.
- Professional Skills
- Research and Enquiry
- Foundations of Vetinary Science
- Animal Management Systems
- Veterinary Sciences
- Individual Animal Health and Welfare
- Veterinary Clinical Pathology
- Animal Disease
- Intensive Animal Health and Production
- Large Animal Health and Production
- Small Animal Health and Production
- Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
- Intramural Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
- Extramural Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
- Elective Rotations
Admission to the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine is based on the following criteria:
- Grade Point Average (GPA) from a completed Bachelor's degree, minimum credit average required
- Successful completion of pre-requisite units
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Admission Statement including a minimum of 28 days of relevant work experience and animal handling experience, using the prescribed form
- Have met the University’s English language requirements
Contact the university via the information request button to learn more about the entry requirements for this program.
Degree & diploma
Upon completion of this program, students will graduate as a registered veterinary practitioner and will be awarded a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from University of Sydney.
Tuition & fees
To learn about the costs involved in undertaking this program, contact the University of Sydney via the information request form.
Request information - obligation free
Get a 360˚ view of the University of Sydney and find out what's in store for you as a student. Watch to learn all about it!
University of Sydney
Progressive thinking, breaking conventional norms, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us are in our DNA. For the past 160 years, the University of Sydney has been making lives better by producing leaders and equipping students with...
Location & accommodation
Study on a beautiful campus in one of the world's best cities
Sydney ranks second on a list of the 50 best cities in the world in which to live, work and study, above New York and Paris. University of Sydney has also been named among the world’s top 10 most beautiful campuses. With a network of campuses in the heart of the city and beyond, you’re never far from Sydney’s famous harbor, Opera House, or beaches. But there’s more to living in Sydney than iconic...