Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The Master of Science in Computer Science aims to provide graduates with specific skills in one of the five area of specialisation. All teaching activities maintain close connections with the most recent developments in the ICT market, in industry and in research.
The five areas of specialisation within the Computer Science Masters course are:
- The area Software technologies provided students with the knowledge required to deal with the Ambient Intelligence analysis, the design and the development of large-scale software systems, with a particular emphasis on properties such as quality, correctness and security.
- The area Systems and networks provides students with the ability of designing and understanding large systems composed of a distributed collection of interacting entities. Examples include both technological systems such as distributed systems and networks, as well as complex relational systems such as social networks.
- The area Bio-informatics provides students with the ability to interact with prefessionals and scientist in the field of life sciences, with the aim of proposing computer science solutions to scientific problems.
- The area Data media and knowledge provides students with the knowledge required to extract, manage and present information, with courses related to machine learning, advanced information systems and the web.
- The area Embedded systems and ambient intelligence is focused on the methodologies for the development of software applications for embedded systems, one of the fastest growing areas in ICT. Applications range from automatic controls used in industrial, automative and avionic systems, to recent infotainment systems (e.g. smart phones), to domotics and ambient intelligence.
Thanks to the Erasmus international mobility program the study plan can contain courses and exams sustained in other top European universities.
Students wishing to study the Master of Science in Computer Science must meet the following criteria:
- A three year bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related discipline,
- Fluency in spoken and written English,
- The admission to the course is subject to selection by a committee and is based on an evaluation of the candidate's CV, ability, motivation, references and linguistic certificates.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
University of Trento
The University of Trento was founded almost 50 years ago, and has since established itself as an institute of quality research and education; characterized by its focus on international relations and student mobility. As a dynamic and medium-sized research university,...
Location & accommodation
The city of Trento was formally founded in the first century B.C. by the Romans. Located in the north-eastern part of Italy, in the heart of the Alps, the Trentino/Alto Adige Region borders Switzerland to the north-west and Austria to the north. The province of Trento lays mainly on mountainous ground. Trento is still nowadays an important cross road between the Mediterranean and the Alpine areas...