Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The Honors Master Programme in Research provides enriched educational opportunities to the most academically talented, promising, and motivated graduate students. The goal is to teach students the fundamentals of how to do research. This is accomplished through additional “honors” courses, partially selected from the PhD program, and with personalized services such as honors orientation and academic advising.
This honors program is specially recommended for students whose goal is to continue doing research and development, in a company or as part of a PhD program. The Honor program is transversal to the following masters of science:
- Master Degree in Computer Science
- Master Degree in Telecommunication Engineering
When signing up for the program the student also selects the MS degree he will concentrate on.
Honors Master Program students must undertake the courses scheduled for the Master of Science in Computer Science or for the Master of Science in Telecommunication Engineering. Honors Master Program students are required to take additional 18 credits on top of the regular 120 credits required to obtain the Ms degree. These additional credits include:
- the Research Methodology course (6 credits)
- the Technical Writing course (6 credits))
- Two PhD courses (3 credits each)
Applications for Honors Masters Degree in Research are evaluated on the basis of the following factors (in decreasing order of importance):
- Institution where the undergraduate degree has been obtained, final marks of the Bachelor degree, if available
- Average degree or “grade point average” obtained during the bachelor
- GRE evaluation, if available
- Certified top knowledge of English
- Motivation and topics of interest (selected from a list provided in the application form)
- Work experience, teaching experience and publications, when available.
University of Trento
The University of Trento was founded almost 50 years ago, and has since established itself as an institute of quality research and education; characterized by its focus on international relations and student mobility. As a dynamic and medium-sized research university,...
Location & accommodation
The city of Trento was formally founded in the first century B.C. by the Romans. Located in the north-eastern part of Italy, in the heart of the Alps, the Trentino/Alto Adige Region borders Switzerland to the north-west and Austria to the north. The province of Trento lays mainly on mountainous ground. Trento is still nowadays an important cross road between the Mediterranean and the Alpine areas...
Want to know more about Honors Master Programme in Research? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!