The Honors Master Programme in Research provides enriched educational opportunities to the most academically talented, promising, and motivated graduate students. The goal is to teach students the fundamentals of how to do research. This is accomplished through additional “honors” courses, partially selected from the PhD program, and with personalized services such as honors orientation and academic advising.
This honors program is specially recommended for students whose goal is to continue doing research and development, in a company or as part of a PhD program. The Honor program is transversal to the following masters of science:
- Master Degree in Computer Science
- Master Degree in Telecommunication Engineering
When signing up for the program the student also selects the MS degree he will concentrate on.
Honors Master Program students must undertake the courses scheduled for the Master of Science in Computer Science or for the Master of Science in Telecommunication Engineering. Honors Master Program students are required to take additional 18 credits on top of the regular 120 credits required to obtain the Ms degree. These additional credits include:
- the Research Methodology course (6 credits)
- the Technical Writing course (6 credits))
- Two PhD courses (3 credits each)
Applications for Honors Masters Degree in Research are evaluated on the basis of the following factors (in decreasing order of importance):
- Institution where the undergraduate degree has been obtained, final marks of the Bachelor degree, if available
- Average degree or “grade point average” obtained during the bachelor
- GRE evaluation, if available
- Certified top knowledge of English
- Motivation and topics of interest (selected from a list provided in the application form)
- Work experience, teaching experience and publications, when available.
The University of Trento was founded almost 50 years ago, and has since established itself as an institute of quality research and education; characterized by its focus on international relations and student mobility. As a dynamic and medium-sized research university,...
Want to know more about Honors Master Programme in Research? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.