Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Learn about teaching science in the Netherlands
The MSc in Science Education and Communication at University of Twente in the Netherlands is a 2-year master degree program taught in Dutch.
This Master of Science degree is aimed at individuals who have completed a technical bachelor degree and would like to become a secondary education teacher and share their knowledge with youth and adults.
Students of this science education and communication program will learn how to design and create complex tasks for students, and will gain knowledge and skills that will allow them to supervise and evaluate student performance.
Participants of this degree in teaching science will be able to specialize in one of the following school subjects:
- Computer science
- Research and design (R&D)
- Nature, life, and technology (NLT)
This MSc degree in science education will also include a school internship which will give students practical experience in applying the knowledge and skills learnt in this program.
In order to apply to one of the Master programs of the University of Twente the following general admission requirements apply:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a university or other accredited institution.
- Proficiency in English proven by official test score documents (IELTS 6.5 minimum band score, TOEFL minimum 90, Cambridge CAE-C)
Applicants with the following criteria are exempt from the English language requirement:
- You are a native English speaker from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or United States of America.
- You have obtained a relevant bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution in the Netherlands.
- You have obtained a Bachelor degree (3 year) in one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or United States of America.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Tuition & fees
The tuition fees for the MSc degree programs at University of Twente in the Netherlands are the following:
1 and 2 year MSc programs: €1,906 per year
Non EU/EEA nationalities
1 year MSc program: €10,581 per year
2 year MSc program: €13,226 per year
University of Twente
The University of Twente is a young, entrepreneurial research university in the Netherlands with proven excellence in the field of new technologies and their impact on society and humanity. The university develops technologies that shape the future: ICT, biotechnology, and...
Location & accommodation
The university offers a variety of services on campus: a wide range of sports facilities, a medical centre, counselling facilities, a hotel, worship facilities and much more. Students can meet up at one of the campus restaurants, cafés or bars, all of which offer affordable meals. With over 50 sports and cultural associations active on campus, our students have access to a wide range of leisure...