Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Masters in Chemistry (Joint Degree)Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Study a Masters in Chemistry in the Netherlands
Are you interested in how to use inexpensive organic materials to capture CO2? Or would you like to develop ground-breaking analytical methods to determine low levels of bioactive proteins in complex biological samples? Perhaps your focus lies in finding solutions to the current global problems with regard to energy, climate and sustainability?
The Master’s in Chemistry from VU Amsterdam can lead to an exciting, well-paid career with extensive opportunities for pursuing your ambitions. Moreover, the program is offered in collaboration with the University of Amsterdam, which makes this a Chemistry Master with a large staff of teachers and researchers with a high international reputation.
Structure of the Masters
The Master’s in Chemistry is a two-year program in collaboration with the University of Amsterdam. You choose one of the five specializations that suits your ambitions and interests:
- ANALYTICAL SCIENCES: you will gain insight in modern analytical technologies for the development of analytical screening and characterization techniques.
- MOLECULAR SCIENCES: you will acquire thorough scientific knowledge and understanding of the field of synthesis, catalysis, molecular simulation and spectroscopy.
- ATOMIC SCALE MODELING OF PHYSICAL, CHEMICAL AND BIOMOLECULAR SYSTEMS: is designed for excellent students, both Dutch and foreign (selected students are eligible for a grant via the EU Erasmus Mundus program).
- SCIENCE FOR ENERGY AND SUSTAINABILITY: this specialization trains you to provide sustainable solutions to the current pressing global situation with regard to energy, climate and sustainability.
- SCIENCE, BUSINESS AND INNOVATION: you will study scientific and social scientific aspects of business innovation trajectories in the area of human life and health care (track Life & Health) or in sustainable energy technology (track Energy & Sustainability)
Each specialization consists of introductory, advanced and optional courses, a research project, thesis and academic skills.
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or relevant field from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting a minimum of 180 ECTS or equivalent.
- Proof of sufficient proficiency in English.
Welcome to Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is an internationally renowned research university founded in 1880 . The university offers over 120 English taught programs at Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral level. Students and staff of 84 nationalities create a dynamic international academic community. The...
Want to know more about Masters in Chemistry (Joint Degree)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!