Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study a Masters in Computer Systems Security in Amsterdam
The Master in Computer Systems Security focuses on system and security issues related to operating systems, hardware and applications (topics like hacking, malware, reverse engineering, vulnerabilities). This specialization in Computer Systems Security is a joint effort by VU Amsterdam and University of Amsterdam.
The emphasis on system related issues is what sets this track apart from other master programs on security, which tend to have a focus on formal methods or the math behind cryptography. You’ll be taught by leading researchers in the field of computer security. Many of the challenging courses have a very hands-on character.
Computer Systems Security Masters
Students graduating in the Computer Systems Security specialization have knowledge of
- Security issues in system-level software including weaknesses and defenses
- Static and dynamic analysis techniques for software (benign and malicious)
- Modern scalable computer and network architecture
- Secure software development for modern, highly parallel computer systems
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer science or closely related relevant field from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting a minimum of 180 ECTS or equivalent.
- Motivation, background and personality (motivation letter, CV and personal reference).
- Proof of sufficient proficiency in English.
Tuition & fees
The cost of this program for students of EU/EEA countries is €2,060.
Welcome to Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is an internationally renowned research university founded in 1880 . The university offers over 120 English taught programs at Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral level. Students and staff of 84 nationalities create a dynamic international academic community. The...