Bachelor's in Finance and Banking (FB)
The Finance and Banking study programme has been created as a direct answer to the continuously growing need for professionals, who, through their training and experience can help companies to be successful on a global market. By attending this programme, the students will learn and analyze the way in which companies obtain and handle their capital, use financial strategies and financial instruments in the public and private sector. FB ensures a high level of training, in various fields: firms’ asset management, efficiency, development of skills in financial investments, financial corporations and insurance companies. Full-time study (3 years)
This study programme enables students to understand the way in which the financial sector works and helps them building a career in this domain, as financial and credit institutions play a great role not only in the world economy, but also as one of the most important employers on the market. Graduating from this program of study, one has better opportunities of obtaining different professional certifications and of becoming a member of various national and international organisms: Ø Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA); Ø Association of Chartered Accountants (ACCA); Ø Fiscal Consultants Chamber (CCF); Ø Expert and Certified Accountants of Romania Chamber (CECCAR); Ø National Union of Insolvency Practitioners of Romania (UNPIR); Ø Financial Auditors of Romania Chamber (CAFR). The local partnerships allow you to have internships in national or multinational companies located in Timisoara, as well as in public institutions. BRD Groupe Societe Generale, Banca Comercială Română, Banca Transilvania, Romanian International Bank, Reiffeisen Bank, Deloitte, KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Romcapital, Pasmatex SRL, Draexelmaier SRL are just a few of our partners that help us offer you the skills that give you the chance of building a successful career.
This line of study fits you if:
- you want to gather knowledge and abilities that are going to help you understand the way financial institutions and intermediaries operate, use financial products and instruments and have a successful career in the global financial and banking industry;
- you look for the opportunity of becoming a qualified and competent manager in the field of banking or in any other field where an efficient approach to management is needed;
- you want to understand the way financial public policies are set in place at governmental level;
- you want to develop innovative abilities in solving complex interdisciplinary problems and in taking decisions.
When graduating from this line of study, there are a large choice of careers. Our students can opt for a position in: Commercial and investment banks; Investment funds and broker companies; National or international companies’ financial departments; Insurance and re-insurance companies; Ministries and public institutions’ financial departments; Consultancy and financial analysis companies both for the public and private environment.
1. Principles of European Union Law
2. European Union Institutions and Procedures
3. Human Rights in the European Union
4. Conflicts of Laws and of Jurisdiction in the European Union
5. European Union Internet Law (optional course)
6. European Union Social Law (optional course)
1. Competition and Consumer Protection European Union Law
2. European Union Fiscal Law
3. European Law of Financial Institutions
4. European Union Company Law
5. Harmonization of European Union Private Law (optional course)
6. European Union Criminal Law (optional course)
West University of Timișoara
Universitatea de Vest din Timișoara (UVT) / West University of Timişoara (WUT) is the main higher education institution and research center in Western Romania. Its community comprises roughly 15000 students and over 700 academic staff. It is a comprehensive university...
Want to know more about Bachelor's in Finance and Banking (FB)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!