Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
In contrast to many other master's programs in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics. Witten/Herdecke University has based this program on the sound academic analysis of real-life problems in a world that is increasingly interconnected. The challenges facing society go beyond academic disciplines and national boundaries. Because of this, problem scenarios today are difficult to firmly classify and are better met by an interdisciplinary approach.
This more complex society requires people with a general background that combines knowledge economics, politics and philosophy to come up with sustainable solutions for the future. The PPE master's program at Witten was created specifically to prepare students for any career in leading positions at any place where politics, economics and (civil) society come together.
This Master's Program in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics from Witten/Herdecke University lasts four semesters and offers students cutting-edge education combining social sciences and philosophy. Students will learn to meet the challenges of the 21st century in a globalized world. PPE graduates will be prepared for careers in a range of political and social fields, NGOs, management, further education, personnel and organisation development, economic and political consulting.
Witten/Herdecke University selects its students on the basis of their potential, personality and motivation
- B. A./B. Sc. with at least 180 ETCS or 60 ECTS (especially in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Particular interest in interdisciplinary studies
- English language skills (CEFR: B2; IELTS: 6.5; TOEFL iBT: 83)
- Practical work experience of at least 3 months (e. g. internships, entrepreneurial activities, civil service etc.)
Degree & diploma
Graduates of this program will earn the distinction of Master of Arts (M. A.)
Tuition & fees
Students can choose between the following payment methods:
- Study first - pay later: payment (depending on income) after graduation
- Direct payment of fixed monthly rates (fixed sum)
- Direct payment 50 %, income-related repayment after graduation 50 %
Witten/Herdecke University - A History of Innovation
Witten/Herdecke University (UW/H) was founded and recognized in 1983 by the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. Since its beginning, the university has stood out as a pioneer among Germany’s institutes of higher education. During a 30-year period, UW/H introduced significant innovations...