BA Communication Studies
The BA Communication Studies programme will provide you with an understanding of the theories and practices of communication, including digital media technology, and the market mechanisms of the various media industries, equipping you with an international outlook and a sound understanding of the quickly changing media world. By studying this programme, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the interdisciplinary perspectives that enable effective analysis of communications and the media
- Gain a thorough working knowledge of the operation of communication systems
- Develop an understanding of journalism and practical journalistic skills
- Develop a comprehensive awareness of a range of techniques and approaches to communication and media
- Promote a critical awareness of cultural and transcultural aspects of communications and the media, as well the contrasting Western and Chinese perspectives in the global media, including screen media and journalism
- Gain practical experience in media production and an understanding of how the media function
- Comprehend and apply digital media and understand how they are revolutionising the world we inhabit.
Why should I study Communication Studies at XJTLU?
You will graduate with a critical and theoretical knowledge of the contexts of communication studies in combination with developing practical skills in digital media production. You will have access to:
- Language classes to improve your international employability
- A digital media laboratory, featuring Apple iMac computers, Final Cut Pro X editing software and the Adobe suite of professional digital media production software
- Sony high-definition digital video production kits for short film-making, digital media and documentary production
- Cutting-edge film and TV studios to propel your media work to the next level
- BA Communication Studies graduates, as with all XJTLU undergraduate programmes, will earn two degrees: An XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
RMB 88,000 per academic year
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a truly unique institution, jointly founded by Xi'an Jiaotong University and the University of Liverpool. It is the largest international collaborative university in China and the only one where all undergraduate students receive a UK...
Want to know more about BA Communication Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!