Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
This BA in communication provides you with an understanding of the theory and practice of communication, including digital media technology, and the market mechanisms of the various media industries. Students will be equipped with international vision and proficient English language skills.
What you'll get:
- develop an understanding of the interdisciplinary perspectives that enable effective analysis of communications and the media
- gain a thorough working knowledge of the operation of communication systems
- develop an understanding of journalism and practical journalistic skills
- gain a critical awareness of cultural aspects of communications and the media, as well as the contrasting western and Chinese perspectives on the global media
- develop your English language skills to a very high level, within the context of communications and the media
- develop your professional communication skills including translation and interpreting
- gain practical experience in media production and an understanding of how the media function
Why study communications?
You will graduate with a combination of critical and theoretical knowledge of the contexts of communication studies in combination with developing practical skills in digital media production. You will have access to:
- language classes to improve your international employability
- a digital media laboratory, featuring Apple iMac computers, Final Cut Pro X editing software and the Adobe suite of professional digital media production software
- Sony high-definition digital video production kits for short film-making, digital media and documentary production.
Graduates of this program, as with all XJTLU undergraduate programmes, will earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
The rapid development of the media and communication industries in China requires graduates who not only understand theory and practice in communication, but also have knowledge of digital media technology and market mechanisms in the industry.
Graduates of this BA in communications degree may pursue a professional career within the media in print and online, in national and international broadcast organizations. They will also go into public relations and other areas where communication skills are crucial.
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a truly unique institution, jointly founded by Xi'an Jiaotong University and the University of Liverpool. It is the largest international collaborative university in China and the only one where all undergraduate students receive a UK...
Want to know more about BA in Communication Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!