Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
This program in information and computing science equips you with a broad knowledge of computer-based systems and the technical skills needed to work in research and development or technical support.
You'll learn how to use your skills creatively to solve practical problems as well as learn how cutting-edge computer technology is developed and applied.
Why study information and computing science
- In-depth focus on both the theory and practice of computer science
- Staff have worked at world-renowned institutions and have diverse experience in teaching, research and collaboration with industry
- You engage in research and industry-related work, and, under the supervision of staff, you may be able to present your research results at international conferences and to publish in leading journals
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships allow students to conduct supervised research with financial support
- Student placement opportunities for career development and practical experience to complement your theoretical studies
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
Career prospects for students in this field are excellent as the program prepares you for a wide variety of jobs in the information technology and computing industries. Graduates may also start their own companies or find employment within specialist fields such as software development or computer games design.
This program also provides a sound platform for further postgraduate study in the field of information and computer science. Many graduates have pursued postgraduate degrees at prestigious universities, such as Cambridge and Oxford.
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a truly unique institution, jointly founded by Xi'an Jiaotong University and the University of Liverpool. It is the largest international collaborative university in China and the only one where all undergraduate students receive a UK...
Want to know more about BEng in Information and Computing Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!