Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
This program in environmental science provides an integrated approach to environmental science and addresses broader environmental issues and challenges as well as social and economic issues. This will help you to use your scientific understanding to assist industry and governments in policy formulation and environmental management.
Why study a BSc in environmental science
- Highly practical programme that equips you with the skills needed for employment or further study
- Field trips (local and further afield) to unique environments
- Integration of a range of academic and applied topics to provide a more holistic understanding of the environment
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognized degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
What you'll get
- how to apply ecological, geographic and chemical tools to evaluate the status of the environment
- the causes of regional and global environment issues and the countermeasures
- how air, water and soil can be sustainably maintained
- the importance of protecting healthy soils and their benefits
- the vital roles of fresh water systems and the oceans
- environmental remediation and technologies
- healthy ecosystems and agriculture.
You will learn how to analyse environmental issues in-depth, how to make good decisions and how to report to a wide variety of audiences.
You will have a wide range of career options including:
- Environmental consultant
- Governmental policy maker
- Environmental impact assessment specialist
- Laboratory scientist/technician
- Geographic information systems analyst
- Ecosystem restoration engineer
- Environmental education officer
- Green technology specialist
- Nature conservation officer
- Waste management officer
- Waster quality scientist
Tuition & fees
RMB 80,000 per academic year
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a truly unique institution, jointly founded by Xi'an Jiaotong University and the University of Liverpool. It is the largest international collaborative university in China and the only one where all undergraduate students receive a UK...