Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
This part-time MA TESOL program will provide you with the opportunity to develop both a scholarly and practical understanding of the field of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). It is suitable for language teachers, teacher trainers, educational materials writers and test designers who wish to further develop their range of professional skills and knowledge.
Graduates of this TESOL program, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
What you'll get
- gain an advanced critical understanding of key issues, theories and practices in the field of English language teaching
- acquire a sound knowledge and understanding of language in context
- explore the implications of language analysis for teaching purposes develop understanding of current methodology as it is embodied in classroom practice
- engage with theories underlying current views on language learning, including the importance of individual differences amongst learners in their abilities and learning preferences
- appreciate and view critically the connections between theory and practice in the field of English language teaching
- foster the ability to conduct academic research
Graduates may pursue TESOL as a new career or enhance their current prospects in the field of English language teaching. In China, a postgraduate qualification in TESOL is increasingly sought-after by educational institutions. Alternatively, the program will facilitate the professional development of those candidates who are considering a career in publishing or materials development and management positions.
The program will also equip those interested in pursuing an academic career in the field of English language teaching and applied linguistics by preparing them to conduct research at MPhil, MRes, EdD and PhD level.
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a truly unique institution, jointly founded by Xi'an Jiaotong University and the University of Liverpool. It is the largest international collaborative university in China and the only one where all undergraduate students receive a UK...
Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University
Want to know more about MA in TESOL (part-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!