Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master of Health - Advanced Health Care
Advanced Health Care is a specialization of the Master of Health. This flexible and innovative master programme balances intercultural, multi-professional academic content with practical experience. You will strengthen your international competencies and develop your skills to:
- be a health care leader and role model in your profession
- be a critical thinker who drives health care innovation and changes
- link scientific knowledge and professional practice
- implement innovative ideas
- work as an inter-professional health care practitioner
Advanced Health Care was developed by Zuyd University of Applied Sciences in Heerlen, The Netherlands, and PXL University College in Hasselt, Belgium, in close cooperation with Maastricht University, The Netherlands. Intensive collaboration and full commitment of topflight educational and content experts have assured the development of a demanding and challenging programme.
The programme comprises twelve modules of each 5 ECTS.
- The Health Professional
- Using evidence to guide practice
- Quality control and evaluation
- Health Promotion
- Practice based research 1
- Professional leadership
- Project- and change management
- Practice based research 2
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Technology in care
- Practice based research 3
This one-year programme is open to anyone from all over the world who has a Bachelor’s degree (EQF level 6) in the field of health care. If you obtained a Bachelor’s degree outside of the EU/EEA, the Board of Admissions will validate your degree according to the rules of the NUFFIC.
This master is taught in English. You must therefore have a thorough active and passive command of English. No additional evidence of sufficient command of the English language is required if you meet any of the following criteria:
- you are a native English speaker,
- you have completed an English-taught bachelor or master
If you do not meet any of these criteria, you can submit results either an IELTS, a TOEFL or a Cambridge test. The minimum required scores are:
- IELTS test: minimum score overall 6.0
- TOEFL test: overall, internet-based minimum score 85
- Cambridge: CAE, grade C
If you register for the programme, you will be required to attend an admission interview with the Board of Admission. This interview will concern your background, previous education, learning goals during the programme, your proficiency in English, your own question regarding the programme and several administrative matters concerning housing, visa, etc. The admission interview can be conducted on site in Heerlen or via Skype or similar. The Board of Admission will decide after the interview on your admission.
Shape your future at Zuyd University
You find Zuyd University of Applied Science in the southernmost part of the Netherlands, wedged between Germany and Belgium. Discover this crossroads of countries, cultures and languages, where an international and vibrant learning environment awaits. The European capitals of Amsterdam,...