Show as: Mobile

Entry Requirements to Study in Amsterdam

Are you considering studying in Amsterdam but concerned about obtaining your student visa or residence permits? Living in Amsterdam for your studies is relatively easy but the amount of paperwork required will depend on your country of origin.

If you're an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen you won't need to apply for a visa or residence permit to study in Amsterdam. You will need to register with the municipality as soon as you arrive in Amsterdam and take care of other matters to establish yourself in the country.

If you're not from the EU, EEA, or Switzerland you will need to apply for a residence permit if your studies will last more than ninety days. Otherwise, a tourist visa will be sufficient for studies of a shorter period.

Learn more about education in Amsterdam:

Get education news straight to your inbox

Enter your details below to get the latest news on international education and studying abroad!

This field is used for controlling automatic form submits. Please leave it blank:
Enter your details:

Last update: 21 Jun 2018